Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 13 of 13

Thread: What to do INSIDE the 19's horns?

  1. #11
    Senior Hostboard Member RonSSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 6th, 2002
    Posts
    1,222
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)

    Post

    Layers of latex paint and sand I tell ya. It works great! About 6 or 7 layers and the horns become dead as wood. Finish it off with a coat of semi flat or flat black latex and they even look good. It's time consuming and messy to do, but cheap.
    I've done 3 sets now.
    I have photos if you might like to see the end result.
    Send me an email, be glad to share.
    Ron

  2. #12
    Inactive Member amh's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 2nd, 2004
    Posts
    75
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yeh, yeh, yeh. A few people here told me that. But did I listen. Noooooo forums

    Comes from thinking your own ideas are new.

    I'd like to see the pics.

    Thanks for sharing.

  3. #13
    Senior Hostboard Member RonSSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 6th, 2002
    Posts
    1,222
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)

    Post

    Hey, you gotta try things! I tried auto underbody coating the first time around. After 2 cans and a bad headache, I scraped it off while it was still wet and did the sand thing.
    I think Dyna Mat would work well. But it's spendy!
    It's the mass that counts, and I suspect the truck bed stuff is pretty light.
    Send me an email so I can get your addy and I'll send them to you tomorrow.
    Ron

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.